Essentials of Medical Astrology by K S Charak [UP]
The 'Essentials of Medical Astrology' is the standard book on Vedic astrology which lays down detailed principles relevant to the analysis of a horoscopic chart, with disease and its various aspects as the main focus of attention.
Some of the prominent features of this work are:
* Standardisation of approach to analysis of a chart related to disease.
* Use of four vargas, or divisional charts, and two dashas to ensure an accurate assessement of the chart.
* Discussion of principles of sound and unsound health.
* Indications for congenital ailments.
* An elaborate approach to ensure accurate timing of onset of disease and its outcome.
* Hints about the possible site of disease as well as the nature of disease using the significations of houses and planets, and the Drekkanas.
* A detailed account of the principles of Balarishta and Arishta-Bhanga.
* The use of such subtle principles of Vedic astrology as the twenty-second Drekkana, the sixty-fourth Navamsha, the Sarpa Drekkana, and Gulika or Mandi, to decide on the onset and outcome of illness.
* Classical combinations indicating some of the common ailments, and the scientific approach to application of these principles to actual horoscopic charts.
A must for all students of Vedic astrology.
This is one of the finest studies of medical astrology ever published. The author holds an MS (Surgery), FRCS (UK), & is Head of the Department of Surgery at Indira Gandhi ESI Hospital at Jhilmil, Delhi. His English is excellent.
About the Author:
Dr. K S Charak, MS (Surgery), FRCS (UK) is Head of the Surgery Department at the Indira Gandhi ESI Hospital, Jhilmil, Delhi, India. He is the Honorary Editor of the bi-monthly Vedic Astrology. Author of several books on Vedic astrology, his extensive work in the field of astrology has earned him international recognition.